You finally got around to creating a Facebook page for your business, but your posts aren’t getting any likes. Securing more engagement can be simple to correct by avoiding these faux pas:
1) Don’t ask questions that are too broad– having an open ended question will come across as rhetorical. Instead ask a specific or multiple choice questions that will reflect your audience’s connection to your business.
2) The tone is boring – yes, it’s your business page but it doesn’t mean you can’t put some personality into. Show your human side and have fun.
3) Just posting text – add pictures that relate to your post or company to be more visually appealing to the audience.
4) Too much selling – it is fine to pitch your services and products every so often but don’t over sell. Fans expect news, tips and photos that go beyond your business.
5) Not responding – Make sure to interact with your fans so they know that their feedback and comments are appreciated.
6) Lack of offers – your fans are looking for perks. Be sure to reward them with exclusive contests, deals and insider offers to make them feel special.
Katrina Noble, Media Director