If you are not producing a newsletter for your business, you should be. A company newsletter can offer a variety of content including how-to information, new product and service announcements, special promotions and sales as well as general company info.
Here are some tips for creating an effective email newsletter:
1) Subject Line – use enticing words such as tips or steps instead of here’s our October newsletter. Snore. Please refrain from using all caps or exclamation points, users might think your message is spam and delete it.
2) Keep it Short – everyone is short on time so long emails just don’t get read. Get to the point quickly and deliver as much value as possible in short summaries….one to two paragraphs at the maximum.
3) Images – people are drawn to images so be sure to include them in your newsletter as they relate to the articles
4) Give Value – provide info that the reader can use instead of self-promoting babble.
5) Call to Action – make sure you give the reader direction on what you want them to do such as act now or click here to order.
6) Timing – according to research, the middle of the week is the best time to send a newsletter especially between the hours of 8am and 10am or 4pm-6pm.
If you can send your newsletter on a regular basis, you will increase top-of-mind awareness for your customers~ especially when it’s time to make a purchase.