- Be Creative. Radio is said to be “the theater of the mind.” It allows you- for a minimal cost- to create the most interesting man in the world, or an economy motel chain with a light on for you. A sharp agency can make your product (mnemonically) tap dance rings around your competition.
- Address Your Buyers. It’s drive time. Do you know where your audience is? You shouldn’t be spending money talking about semi-conductors to a group whose highest aspiration is obtaining front row tickets to a Taylor Swift concert.
- How You Say It Is Important. Skimping on production costs is like eating a chimichanga without sour cream and guacamole. It’s better than nothing, but doesn’t come close to reaching its potential. If your ads sound like they were recorded in the can, consumers will think your business is too. Insist your agency go the whole nine yards for quality production.
- You don’t think radio can affect your image?Imagine Hulk Hogan doing a spot for feminine deodorant product. See what we mean?
- Talk To One Person. Fascinate your listeners. If you just preach to them you’ll sound like your high school teacher. And get as much response.
- Start Strong. The first and most important step is to get their attention. We can do this without physically harming your customers.
- One Message. Reduce your commercial to one single message. This will keep it memorable…and from sounding like an auctioneer on a caffeine binge. Remember to sell one thing at a time otherwise you will confuse the audience and they are already easily confused!
If you’re not getting a clear signal that your radio advertising is working, give us a call. You’ll get a lot less static and make a lot more noise.Read More