If done well, advertising online can really make a difference to your business, but you need to track and measure the process to determine what is working and what’s not working. Here are things you need to measure:
- Track your sales and website activity before, during and after the campaign. You need something to measure against to determine your position.
- Use Google Analytics to track conversions to your landing pages and website. Also look at visits and unique visitors both new and returning to your site. Returning visitors mean there is interest.
- Social media posts should ideally hit the main funnel levels ~ awareness, consideration and finally conversion. You will have different prospects at different levels of their engagement checking your pages and products. Be sure to review their comments, click-throughs and likes to gauge their level of interest.
- Look to other media for coverage to boost your campaign such as PR outreach, email campaigns or video to see if you get increased clicks
- Track traffic sources including direct, referral and organic. You want your organic traffic to be supplemented with referral traffic from your digital campaigns.