Most of us have a LinkedIn profile, but only a few of us have them set up correctly. Here is a quick guide for you to get a fully optimized and useful LinkedIn profile to maximize your connections.
1) Complete that profile – this step is the only way that others can find you effectively on LinkedIn. LinkedIn search looks for 100% completed profiles first so if your profile is incomplete, you fall at the bottom of the search. Your current status will show on the right hand side of your profile. Your goal should be an “all star” status.
2) Give yourself a great subject line – The headline is the first line of text people see in a search and on your profile page. Use words that would appeal to your ideal clients and don’t be afraid to change them up to see which ones generate the best outcome for you.
3) Photos count – please use a professional headshot which are 7 times more likely to be viewed than profiles without one.
4) Use of keywords – LinkedIn’s algorithm values keywords in certain sections more than others. These sections include: headline, summary, current work experience, past word experience, skills and experience. Choose your descriptions wisely.
5) Referrals and recommendations – yes, you need them and it’s always easier to get a recommendation from someone after you’ve given them one not to mention good karma. When writing recommendations remember short and sweet is fine but be sure to include specific results the person helped you achieve.
Media DirectorRead More