So you’re posting on your Facebook Fan page, secured Twitter followers and updated your website. How do you know what you’re doing is working? Here are some tools that can help you measure your efforts and best of all, they are all free:
1) Google Analytics – sign up to receive reports on your business mentions. Its best feature is conversion tracking that lets you track blog visitors, shows what they are looking at and how they got to your site.
2) Page Rank Checker – enter your website’s URL and you will get a score between 1 and 10 as well as detailed information on what your score means and how you can improve it. Cost ~ Free
3) Twitrratr – this tool allows you to measure what people are saying about a specific keyword ~ the good, neutral and bad. You can put in a keyword that relates to your product or service to see what Twitter users think about it. It’s not 100% accurate but can give you a good sense of what the general public is thinking.
4) Twitter Grader – track and measure your influence in Twitter World. Enter your Twitter handle and you will be given a ranking between 1 and 100. You can also track the history of your follower growth and your influence among your specific location.
5) Website Grader – Similar to above, this site allows you to compare your website or blog to your competitors. You will receive a report that shows readership of recent blog articles, Google index pages and readability level. It can also help you optimize your web content from headings to images.
Media DirectorRead More